You can customize many design elements (color, typeface, graphic/icon,) for free, and most other customizations can be made at a reasonable cost. Have something else in mind? Contact us or call 1.773.362.5574 Monday - Friday, 10 - 5 CST.
You can request a 1-hour design consultation with Ari Krzyzek (Chykalophia) for no additional cost over Skype or in person if you live in the Glenview Illinois area. Benefits of a design consultation:
- View more customized design templates outside the store's website,
- Get personalized design and etiquette advice,
- Brainstorm ideas with our designer,
2 (two) complimentary .PDF proofs are included with your design order. Your proofs show your customized products exactly as they will be printed.
Your proof will be e-mailed to you within 2-3 business days counting from 3pm CST the day after your order is placed. You can e-mail back with changes to your proof or respond with your approval if you decided to approve the proof and your design will be ready for finalized.
We do not offer hard copy proofs at this time.
We accept a limited number of original custom design for invitation set/suite each year. In a custom design, Ari Krzyzek (Chykalophia), will collaborate with you (and your wedding planner, if applicable) to create a completely original, custom-illustrated/calligraphy or designed stationery suite for your wedding day. This can include wedding invitations, save the dates, programs, menus, table numbers, place cards, seating cards, signage, welcome letters and other stationery and paper goods.
Custom commissions are selected based on the originality of the concept, fit with our design aesthetic, and timeline. Typical pricing starts at $650 for complete stationery suite design (not including printing cost). A 50% deposit is due at the beginning of the design process, with the balance due when the design is final and approved.
The turnaround time for custom commissions varies depending on complexity, with an average turnaround time of about 1 to 2 weeks, (not including printing for wedding invitations, additional time is required for "day-of" stationery items). Should you need assistance for printing with us, please add 3 to 4 weeks for letterpress printing or 1 to 2 weeks for digital printing.
The custom design process typically entails:
- Initial consultation: Discuss/review your ideas and inspiration, brainstorm concepts,
- Initial proofs: Draft design direction for review & feedback,
- Revisions: Adjustments to the design, developing for final approval,
- Production: Printing and assembly (only if required).
All custom designs are licensed exclusively to the client prior to and 6 months after their wedding or event. Thereafter, Chykalophia Store reserves the right to publish or license the artwork. Full purchase of artwork is also available for an additional fee.
You can order any design from our Design Chart for a flat $45 per design (not including printing cost). The fee includes 2 free .pdf proofs and covers the extra handling required to produce the custom design. To order a design, contact us with "Custom Design" on the subject line. Determine the related products such as save the date cards or menu cards along with the color, typography, wording, graphic/icon and other instructions on the message. You will receive a .pdf proof in 2 - 3 business days.
|CUSTOM DESIGN ELEMENT||COST||ADDITIONAL PROCESS TIME|
|Custom color**||$45||2-3 business days|
|Custom envelope color**||$25 + envelope cost||5-7 business days|
|Add photo to non-photocard design||$25||1-2 business days|
|Photo basic retouching||$25||1-2 business days|
|Wording placement||free||1-2 business days|
|Replace icon with your high-rest artwork||$15||1-2 business days|
|Custom icon||starts from $75||3-5 business days|
|Custom map||starts from $150||6-9 business days|
|Custom design||wedding suite design starts from $650, while others start from $250||10-14 business days|
|Specific font||depends on the particular font||none|
|Custom Calligraphy||to be determined||3-5 business days|
* Pick from any fonts, colors, graphic/icon and envelope colors from our "Customized Charts" above ** Custom ordered. We will discuss options with you.
In addition to our standard colors, we can match a Pantone color for $45 per design.
- Digital Print Design: we will choose the closest CMYK equivalent to your Pantone color using the Pantone Color Bridge. Please note that it can be difficult to achieve a perfect color match, and some Pantone colors simply cannot be reproduced in CMYK. Perfect color matching is not guaranteed.
- Letterpress Print Design: we will have to check the Pantone color you supply and will get back to you right away to make sure we can achieve an exact color match.